Wellbridge Total Care
Personal care and companionship services for seniors
At Wellbridge Home Care we emphasize total care. A feeling of freedom and independence is a state of mind, not a state of body. When you need companionship or help with activities of daily life, having the right support creates comfort, security and overall wellness.
Many companies provide “personal care” or “companionship” but personalization stops when the client fills out a simple questionnaire. The Wellbridge Home Care assessment tools take into account eachclient‘s specific physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health needs. This ensures that we provide care that is tailored to all of your needs and those of your family. We use our assessment results when creating a plan of care and choosing the best possible caregiver match.
Wellbridge Home Care takes these extra steps:
You and your family deserve the best. Wellbridge Home Care provides its clients with the best in four ways:
Ethics – Ethics starts with personal accountability and responsibility. Your family has worked hard to create a life for themselves. There’s no reason to your standards and expectations should suffer with age. In your home, you should expect dignity, respect, and influence over your daily life. You should expect the highest level of confidentially and honestly in others. Wellbridge understands this, and so do our caregivers.
Professionalism – Providing personal care can be rather intimate. Caregivers come into your home, and into your personal space. Each client has unique views on how formal or personal they want to be with their caregivers. Identifying the appropriate level of professionalism for you and your family is critical to your comfort with our home care services.
Expertise – One of the big advantages to using home care company is that you don’t have to become a supervisor, manager, or coach for caregivers. Wellbridge caregivers are among the best trained and the most well supervised in the home care industry. In addition, each caregiver will receive training on how to provide the very best care specifically for you, taking into account everything we know about you and your family. Your Wellbridge care manager will keep lines of communication wide open to make sure that your caregiver is constantly improving.
Cultural Awareness – You and your family deserve respect for your culture, your belief system, and your family values. Our Wellbridge assessment tools will provide us and our caregivers with a thorough understanding of the practices that are part of your life and home. We want to ensure your caregiver provides the proper assistance with any dietary restrictions, grooming and dressing needs, holiday observation and other such needs.
How do we do this?
Each family is assigned a personal care manager who becomes the liaison between your caregivers and your family. The care manager keeps the line of communication open, which is critical to the long-term relationships we have with our clients. Relationships are a tremendous source of pride for the entire Wellbridge Home Care team.
On your first visit, your care manager will ask many questions, and truly listen to all of the answers. We get a thorough understanding of you and your family. We take into account your health, your activities of daily living, your religious and cultural practices, and even your activities and hobbies.
Soon afterwards, we will introduce you to one or more caregivers. Each caregiver will know who you are before that first visit.
But this is just the beginning. Long-term relationships evolve. As your needs change, we adapt toensure that your care is at all times right for you.
Here are some ways that our clients use our services:
Personal Care Services
We provide assistance with those things that most take for granted including:
- Grooming, dressing, bathing, and toileting
- Assistance with mobility in your home
- Medication reminders
- Continence care
- Meal preparation and feeding
Everyone needs one-on-one attention. Seniors and people with disabilities are no different. In fact, the process of aging is often slowed with regular social interaction. Your caregiver can provide a wide variety of companionship and social roles, including:
- Mealtime companionship and conversation
- Morning wake-up or evening tuck-in service
- Reading newspapers, magazines, books, mail and religious reading
- Writing correspondence, birthday cards, holiday cards, etc.
- Organize mail, bills, and paperwork
- Walking or light exercise
- Play games, cards, crossword puzzles or crafts
- Renting movies or watching television
- Greet guests and assist with entertaining
- Organizing appointment calendar
- Transportation and companionship at sporting events, theaters, and other recreation
- Menu planning and grocery shopping
- Day trips and outdoor recreation
- Dining out
- Organize photos, scrapbooking, and reminiscing
Our caregivers provide lots of help around the house. Maintaining your personal space is what makes a house feel like home. Chores do not have to be a chore, and certainly everyone can use an extra pair of hands. Your caregiver is happy to help with:
- Light housekeeping, laundry, dusting and vacuuming
- Freshening linens and making the bed
- Emptying trash and organizing recycling
- Cooking and kitchen clean-up
- Tidying bathroom
- Dry cleaning, pharmacy runs, and other errands
- House plant care and light gardening
- Spring cleaning and organizing
- Pet care assistance
- Transportation to airport and terminal assistance
- Organizing and packing prior to travel
Religious observances and cultural activities
Wellbridge Home Care recognizes that religious and cultural practices are what make your life, and your family’s life, complete.
- Escort to synagogues and churches
- Holiday decorating
- Holiday meal prep assistance
- Religious and other cultural meetings
- Assistance with religious study
- Assistance with dietary and housekeeping observances
- Assistance with Sabbath observances